Multiple Posts in Featured Tabs widget

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Multiple Posts in Featured Tabs widget

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  matt@mattdotcom.com 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jamiebrewer
    Participant

I’m using the Featured Tabs widget with the News child theme. Within the wp-content/themes/news/lib/widgets/tabs-widget.php file I updated the following code:

FROM THIS
    // Custom loop
    $tabbed_posts = new WP_Query(array(‘cat’ => $cat, ‘posts_per_page’ => 1, ‘orderby’ => ‘date’, ‘order’ => ‘DESC’));

TO THIS
    // Custom loop
    $tabbed_posts = new WP_Query(array(‘cat’ => $cat, ‘posts_per_page’ => 3, ‘orderby’ => ‘date’, ‘order’ => ‘DESC’));

This was working at one point but now it’s not displaying the second two posts in the tab. It is however generating the html code for it.

From what I can tell within the tabs ul.ui-tabs-nav the is not receiving the inline style=”display: block;”
    Any ideas how I can get this to work? Like I said it was working and then quit.

Thanks!

SoZo

Please include a link to your site with all questions so that people can see what is going on.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

jamiebrewer
    Participant

here you go… thanks man!

<a href=”http://gardnernews.com/” title=”Gardner News”>

SoZo

What has been changed since it was working? Update WP? Install other plugins?

Looks like the script is setting it to display: none;

jamiebrewer
    Participant

Yeah that’s what I saw too.

I think the wp update broke it.

Support said: More than likely it relates to WordPress updates of jQuery and jQuery tabs. The widget uses the WordPress included libraries.

Just looking for a fix. Maybe there’s not one:/

SoZo

Not without tweaking the script and I don’t know off hand specifically what you would need to change. Haven’t looked at what all was changed with jQuery 1.9 yet. Sorry.

matt@mattdotcom.com
    Participant

Same problem here – just realized the 3.5 update broke 3 of my sites this way!  If anyone finds a solution, please let me know!

Matt

matt@mattdotcom.com
    Participant

One other thing that has broken with that, in my Stylesheet had these lines that made the current tab selected display as the hover cover, like a a:current in a nav bar.  The hover still works correctly, but not the selected

[code] #home-top .ui-tabs ul.ui-tabs-nav li a:hover,
    #home-top .ui-tabs ul.ui-tabs-nav li.ui-tabs-selected a {
    background-color: #cae5f0;
    color: #fff;
    }

[/code]

matt@mattdotcom.com
    Participant

Note – the error wherein the selected tab does not take on the new color is a problem on the unedited plugin – it’s happening on the NEWS Child Theme demo page as well.  Seems like the plugin itself will need an update to fix that regardless of our multiple posts hacks.

matt@mattdotcom.com
    Participant

FOUND A STOPGAP SOLUTION:

Using this code for a new plugin and deactivating the main Genesis Tabs plugin (but not deleting):  https://gist.github.com/4455461

Then delete the current widget that wasn’t working, drop in a new one, and there is a field for “Number of posts per cat?”

I had to re-tweak some CSS stuff, but it’s working.

The selected-category is still not staying as the hover color though – this may be a deeper issue in the plugin.

Matt

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.