Multisite with different languages for each site but one language backstage

Community Forums Forums Internationalization and Translations Multisite with different languages for each site but one language backstage

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

thomasc1956
    Participant

I have made a WordPress Multisite install for a site in two languages danish (primary site) and in english. Multisite is installed as subdomain.

I was wondering if I can have different languages for the frontend (danish and english), but a common language (danish) for the admin interface?

I have one thing more: When I have these two sites sharing the same theme (Outreach) why is the setup of widgets for the theme in the setup for each site – and not on the settings for the Network Administrator?

/ Thomas Christensen

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

Multisite is designed to run multiple sites not a single site so the widget setup is on a per site basis.

For multi language sites, I normally use a single WordPress install with TransPosh plugin handling the translation as it allows for automatic or manual translation and allows users to switch languages on the front end.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/transposh-translation-filter-for-wordpress/

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.