My Sidebar Suddenly will not update

Community Forums Forums General Discussion My Sidebar Suddenly will not update

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Green-Chick
    Participant

I am using News Theme. MomsofFaith.com

I seem to be having a weird issue… I am trying to change an image on my blogs sidebar, and it will not change…  The image just remains the other image. I have cleared cache, flushed dns, tried other browsers, and nothing makes it change.

I also had several friends (in different states) look as well… so I know it is not my own computer/browser… They see the old image still as well… :(

I tried adding/changing something else to see what would happen and the same thing. It is not letting me do anything with the sidebar.

I CAN change things in other areas though. It seems to be just the sidebar region with the issue…

I have not done anything new and all plugins and everything is up to date and in current versions.

I even disabled my cache plug in and again. Nothing. I have no ideas… PLEASE, if anyone can guide me in the right direction or let me know their thoughts, I am all ears!

Thank YOU!

Robin
    Participant

Not sure if I know what’s going on, but if it’s the text widget with the Proverbs 31 book cover, there are some HTML issues in the widget with the img tag and at least one unclosed strong tag.

I was going to try to paste an edited version of that widget (although I’m only guessing it’s the issue) but the forum is rendering all of the code in it. Try moving that widget to inactive maybe and see if that unlocks the sidebar? If you want to pm me your email address I can send you the cleaned code that way.

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

Green-Chick
    Participant

Issue is resolved. THANK YOU!

Robin
    Participant

Great! Glad you were able to sort it out on your own.

Green-Chick
    Participant

I would like to know if the code looks better though…. :)

Robin
    Participant

Yes, although you still have one extra closing strong tag–it’s missing the opening one right before your PDF link. Alternatively, you could probably just do your h4 and then a strong right away, instead of doing several, and then strong and h4 to close it out? But I think either way will be OK. Just get the last strong in before your PDF and I think you’ll be fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.