Nav Bar Colors

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tracyw 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tracyw
    Participant

Ugh.  I had my colors as I wanted them in the primary menu, then discovered the secondary menu and decided that would be a great feature.  Didn’t like those colors, so I thought I was changing in the css to get the colors right, but that wasn’t it and now I can’t figure out how to do it.  And before you say it, I have used Firebug and I still don’t understand what to do.  The url is http://dschurchofchrist.com/.  My trouble is the css code has so many similar words, phrases, I don’t know which is for what.  What I want to do is:

Primary menu (green b/ground) Want white letters, hover letters black, then on drop down menu, white letters with black for the hover color

Secondary menu (white b.ground)  Want letters in 72764e, hover letters in black, then on drop down menu, white letters for both hover and main.

I know that ‘color’ alone in the css is the text and ‘color-background’ is, well, the background where the text is for that section.  But there are so many li; a; hover, etc…..I have done pretty well on my own, figuring out the color customization changed from original theme.  But for some reason, I can’t do it now for anything!  Any help is appreciated.

cehwitham
    Participant

Some of the menu styles are being overridden as it appears you’ve selected the blue colour theme. Therefore you’ll need to look around lines 1718 of style.css where you’ll see:

.outreach-blue .menu-primary a, .outreach-blue .menu-secondary a, .outreach-blue .menu-secondary li li a, .outreach-blue .menu-secondary li li a:link, .outreach-blue .menu-secondary li li a:visited, .outreach-blue.outreach #genesis-responsive-slider a:hover, .outreach-blue #header .menu a {
    color: #333;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

This is also changing some of the settings for the secondary menu.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

tracyw
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Tracy, unfortunately I can’t see your last update as I’m not a staff member and you marked it as private.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

tracyw
    Participant

Yes, I did override the original ‘blue’ theme color.  The olive green is what replaced that blue, however, I didn’t go in and change the word blue to the word green in the coding.   I guess I really need to know what the correct coding terms are for differentiating between regular menu text vs. drop-down menu text vs. hover color….  I see the word hover, but how do I know which feature is changed by the #333 that comes at the end of all of those options, i.e. visited, hover, etc? One color code can’t change all, I wouldn’t think.  Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.