Nav Menu a little off

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Nav Menu a little off

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tony @ AlphaBlossom 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

serpentaria
    Participant

Hello,

My Navigation Menu seems to be off on the pages. The way it shows up on the homepage is actually how I want it on the rest of the site, but for some reason, the nav menu text is slightly small on the different pages. Take a look @ the homepage and then the About Us page to get an idea of what I am talking about:

http://www.silverforecaster.com/new/ => homepage

http://silverforecaster.com/new/?page_id=80 => about us page

I’m not sure if the margins are off too, or if the positioning is just off because of the slightly smaller font-size.

-Danny

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Hello,

You have a different font for the body class for each page. Verdana for your home page (body tag), and Quattrocento for the other page.

Add “font-family: verdana;” to your .menu-primary a, #header .menu a style around line 314 of your style.css (child-theme), or if you don’t need the Quattrocento font, remove that from your Style sheet.

That gets it closer, but still some slight differences.

serpentaria
    Participant

Tony,

Thank you! It worked, but yeah, as you said, it’s still ever-so-slightly off. I’ll have to look into it more later.

On a totally unrelated topic, can someone point me in the direction of creating custom post (as opposed to page) templates for each unique category in the Genesis Framework? I’ve come across a few sites already, so I am just in the beginning of figuring out how to do it. I already know how to create the custom page templates, but this process seems to be different.

-Danny

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Hi Danny,

Sorry I didn’t have time to look into that more. If I get a chance I’ll take another look.

serpentaria
    Participant

Tony,

It’s no problem. That was a huge help, and a pixel or two off is nothing compared to what it was. I was banging my head trying to find where the CSS was wrong. (I’m sorta new to the whole CSS game anyway, learning as I go)

Thanks again.

Danny

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Glad I could help a little.

Regarding CPT’s, one great resource that comes to mind is Justin Tadlock’s blog. He has great knowledge about this and has written many excellent articles on this and other WP topics:

http://justintadlock.com/archives/2010/04/29/custom-post-types-in-wordpress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.