Need slideshow plugin recommendation

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need slideshow plugin recommendation

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea Rennick 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

robjan80
    Participant

Does anyone have a recommendation for a slideshow carousel that has a widget for inserting a slider into the home slider. I tried soliloquy but you have to purchase the developer lic. ($99.00) to get their carousel.

braddalton
    Participant

Jetpack offers a carousel which works with the native WordPress gallery but its not the same as Soliloquy.

You can also drag out the Carousel module from the Jetpack download and install it as a separate plugin.

robjan80
    Participant

How would you do this…I’m not too good with codes.  Would I still need soliloquy or does this work alone.

You can also drag out the Carousel module from the Jetpack download and install it as a separate plugin.

I also downloaded the cycle 2 slider plugin hoping that would work but then found out there is some coding that has to be done for the carousel to work. Problem is I don’t know how to do the coding.  I would do it if I knew how and am afraid of trying it without guidance. Went that route before and created bigger problems. Thanks for any help.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

What about the Genesis Slider plugin?

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

braddalton
    Participant

The Genesis Slider plugin is good if you want a slideshow. I always suggest the Genesis plugins first but i thought you asked for a Carousel?

Do you want a slideshow or Carousel?

You could also have a image gallery with carousel. That would look different.

Don’t worry about the codes as you won’t need to touch them.

robjan80
    Participant

I do want a carousel. Several images displayed together side by side. Looking for something simple since I am nit too familiar with coding.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=carousel+widget

Have you tried any of these?

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.