Need some help with responsive settings for News Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need some help with responsive settings for News Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tsoraci 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tsoraci
    Participant

I haven’t been able to find an answer for this one. My header and title aren’t responsive, but worst of all I have this weird gap on the right when viewing on a mobile device. Actually, even on a computer browser if you decrease the window size the gap shows up too. here is a screenshot of what I’m talking about:

Any ideas? I haven’t messed with any responsive settings, maybe I need to add or change something? Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  tsoraci.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  tsoraci.
    http://androidassault.com

Anita
    Participant

A few things are happening here. I don’t know why the theme was coded like this but in order for the header to respond properly – something has to be in the Header Right Widget Area. I normally just add a blank Text Widget up there.

The next issue you have is the 728 x 90 banner add below the navigation and at the bottom. Google Adsense Ads are not responsive, so therefore even if you fix the header issue – your theme will still not fully respond because the adsense ads. If you were using some sort of HTML code that you could modify it would probably work. I also see the 468 x 60 ads that aren’t responsive either. Best bet on responsive, is use the sidebars.

I used this theme to customize it for a client wanting sidebar-content-sidebar – see it here.

tsoraci
    Participant

Thank for your help! And thank you to studiopress for emailing me. I think I have it all dialed in now, seems to be doing what it’s suppose to be doing :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.