New HTML5 Base Child Theme – With 2.0 Kept In Mind

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks New HTML5 Base Child Theme – With 2.0 Kept In Mind

This topic is: not a support question

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  And_or 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gregreindel
    Participant

I’d like to share child base sample theme I recently conformed to work with the new html5 support Genesis has begun in 1.9+ and will fully be implement in 2.0.

My starter theme utilizes Genesis’s new add_theme_support( ‘genesis-html5′ );  feature. It is meant to be a base to start building from, and it in itself is a work in progress. At the current state, this starter child theme should shave hours off development time when building custom child themes Genesis. It is being actively tested with what I know about 2.0, and should work well with it.

View Greg’s HTML5 Genesis Child Theme

Please, lend comments, feedback, or suggestions! The project is available via GitHub as well.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  gregreindel. Reason: Removing link
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  gregreindel. Reason: Removing link
    http://www.gregreindel.com/genesis-html5-child-starter-theme/

Anita
    Blocked

Is there a working demo of your starter theme? Or is that still in the works?

gregreindel
    Participant

Good idea, I updated my post with a link to a demo version of the starter theme, or see it in works here – http://www.gregreindel.com/sample-theme/

KiwiDean
    Participant

Looks clean. I like it.

If you aren’t having fun you are doing it wrong

And_or
    Participant

Hi Greg, took the template for a spin while trying to solve some layout issues with the Sensei Plugin and Genesis and it seems to work nicely… (sorry only localhost so nothing to show)

Only thing that I do not like is the reset css. I always use Firebug to do the css and because of the long reset defs you have too scroll way down before you arrive at the relevant css rules.

Does look like there will have to be quite a bit of study into the new elements etc. now that we will soon be looking at html5 on a regular basis :-)

Simplicity is not Simple Webtaurus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.