New "Mobile First" theme for Genesis 2.0

Community Forums Forums General Discussion New "Mobile First" theme for Genesis 2.0

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  McGuive7 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

McGuive7
    Participant

Hi everyone,

We just created a “mobile first” version of the new Genesis 2.0 Sample Theme. Feel free to use it if you like:

http://www.mightyminnow.com/2013/08/our-new-mobile-first-child-theme-for-genesis-2-0/

Any suggestions/comments are welcome. Thanks!

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  McGuive7.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  McGuive7.
    http://www.mightyminnow.com/2013/08/our-new-mobile-first-child-theme-for-genesis-2-0/

anitac
    Participant

That’s nice and responds well. Are there any other layouts available with it, landing page, portfolio layouts or just content-sidebar?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

Well, I take that back. I thought when I clicked the link I was seeing the actual new theme which I am not. I will download it to see what it looks like.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

McGuive7
    Participant

Hi Anitac,

To answer your question, our child theme is just a “mobile first” version of the default Genesis 2.0 sample theme, so it doesn’t add any functionality or new layouts. What it primarily does is provide a modified style sheet that serves up mobile styles first, which means faster mobile loading times, no flashes of oddly styled content at mobile sizes, and an overall better experience for users on their phones or tablets. Does that answer your question? Definitely let us know if you have anything else we can help address.

Thanks!
    - Mickey

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  McGuive7.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  McGuive7.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.