New site using EPIK theme

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback New site using EPIK theme

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KiwiDean 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Susan

I just created a new site using the Community Marketplace theme, EPIK. I used the pink color option.

The home page has multiple widgeted areas, but I didn’t need to use them all – maybe one day.

http://www.graphicallydesigning.com

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

http://www.graphicallydesigning.com

braddalton
    Participant

Portfolio page looks great.

Home page first widget needs some more text or a call to action.

How did you put the images in the computer screens.

Nice job Susan.

Susan

Thanks, Brad.

I think it needs a call to action, too – just haven’t had the chance to do it yet.

I put the images in the computer screen using picmonkey.com (free image editing site). I got the computer screen through a stock photography site (I use bigstock.com); the Epik theme uses the same images. I loaded them into the three widget areas on the home page. It was pretty easy once I figured out the right size to use! :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

ModernMuse
    Participant

Ooh, I like the direction you’re headed. This is a very elegant, modern-looking site. :)

I would agree that some more text should go on the left-hand side of the large screen shot. Something to balance it out a bit. I’m sure there’s a good reason why you chose it, but I feel like there’s too much contrast between the dark theme and the rest of your site’s color scheme.

Maybe a picture or some kind of illustration to spruce up your about page? The inner pages of the site need some images to break up the text (I’m guilty of this, too, on my sites Lol). On that note, repeating design elements do a great job of pulling together a site if you don’t wanna slow it down with large images.

It’s looking very nice. xo

KiwiDean
    Participant

I would go in and change the header background to black and use pink text. At the moment the pink is over powering the site you are show casing (and everything else). I think it would tie the site together more like so:
    graphicallydesigning
    For my 5 cents.

If you aren’t having fun you are doing it wrong

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.