New WordPress installation

Community Forums Forums General Discussion New WordPress installation

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pinky 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

designbytracy
    Participant

I’ve had some WordPress files compromised with 2 of my sites and need to figure out what steps to take. My initial reaction is to backup and totally wipe out everything on my host servers and start over with new fresh WP installations, then import my content.

I use Backup Buddy and have full backups, but I don’t want to just migrate or do a full backup and reinstall all of the old stuff. I want new WP files as those are the ones that were accessed.

Both sites are old WP basic themes so I’m going to start over with Genesis and new themes. I have my database, the WP exported content (pages, posts, comments, etc.), and the uploads folder. Is this all I need. What am I missing? I know how to migrate a full site, but just not sure how to startover with a fresh WP install.

anitac
    Participant

If you have been compromised – reinstalling all the old stuff could re-infect what you have there. You should probably run something like Sucuri to clean up what you have before you do anything.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Pinky
    Participant

Have you tried contacting your hosts and asking them to get rid of the offending spam?

Hostgator will do this

cheers

Pinky

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.