News Pro Main menu responsive

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks News Pro Main menu responsive

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pxforti 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dman00

Hi, The main menu on the site I am developing is breaking to the next line on my htc one in portrait mode. Support told me to change the margins and spacing, however they cannot provide any code snippets. Can anyone point me to the correct section of the stylesheet? I tried changing the padding in this section:
    .genesis-nav-menu a {
    border-right: 1px solid #e3e3e3;
    color: #000;
    display: block;
    padding: 20px 24px;
    padding: 2rem 2.4rem;
    position: relative;
    }

But it did not work. I really need to change the widths of the menu items I believe. Here is a link: http://wpbyd.com/whycomply/. Thanks.

http://wpbyd.com/whycomply/

pxforti
    Participant

You could add the code below to the @media only screen and (max-width: 600px) { or create one for a smaller screen size; eg, @media only screen and (max-width: 320px) {

.genesis-nav-menu a,
    .genesis-nav-menu > .first > a,
    .genesis-nav-menu > .last > a {
    border: none;
    padding: 12px;
    padding: 1.2rem;
    }

The problem is, your choice is to reduce padding or font size, but I think to make links stay on one line, the link text will have to be very small.

writeNowDesign
    WordPress and Ecommerce Website Design

Dman00

HI, I tried that and it did not work. It showed up on the studio press responsive tester, but not on my smartphone. The strange thing is that the old version, news, works great. I cannot believe the new news pro does not work. Contacted support and they were not much help. Not really digging the Studio Press themes.

pxforti
    Participant

As far as I can tell, the news pro template is totally responsive including the header. Maybe you changed some code that caused the change?

When I test the new template online, it works perfectly in responsive mode.

writeNowDesign

Dman00

I just looked at the demo on my htc one in portrait mode and all the menus break.

pxforti
    Participant

I think the menus work as they are supposed to work. If the screen is small, then the menu items break to next line if there is not enough room.

writeNowDesign

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.