No Genesis Responsive Slider documentation!

Community Forums Forums General Discussion No Genesis Responsive Slider documentation!

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  samw 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Doug
    Participant

Hello,

In utter frustration, I have tweeted Brian Gardner to share with him the thoughts of many: what is the point of having a Responsive Slider if there’s no documentation on how to use it? This is just maddening, folks.

Andrea has told me it’s trial and error…

What if you are up against deadlines (as a paid Pro Plus Member, I am asking this)?

http://cbhmboston.com

I need to be able to see the Previous and Next buttons and no one can tell me how to achieve this. If I cannot get this to work soon, I will look elsewhere for a Responsive Slider.

Respectfully, with a frustrated face emoticon,

Doug

http://cbhmboston.com

braddalton
    Participant

Why don’t you try the Easing Slider plugin?

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

Doug
    Participant

Thank you, Brad; I will try that.

I appreciate your input.

Doug

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

As I said in the help desk ticket – we DO provide documentation on the settings we used on themes where we used that slider.

If you are using that slider plugin in a different theme, then yes you will have to experiment with settings. And by all means, use a different slider if you like.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

samw
    Participant

Hi

You may want to check this out. It works but requires a fair amount of photoshop work. Just put your image on the left of a canvas if you want content on right

http://rankingedge.com/genesis-responsive-slider-studio-press/

Couple of things to bear in mind, if you follow this route you have to add a more tag after 103  characters. That’s not much good for me, I am trying to display pages and dont want to have a more tag inside a page when someone clicks continue.

Also, the continue button is rather large. Im still looking for a solution for that issue

Cheers

Doug
    Participant

Sam,

Thank you!

Doug

samw
    Participant

Hi Doug

Your Welcome. You may want to consider using the WP version of Royal Slider instead as long as you dont want to use post/page excerpts/. Tons of documentation, fully customizable and excellent support. Im only using this now unless need to use post/page excerpts

Cheers

Sam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘No Genesis Responsive Slider documentation!’ is closed to new replies.