Old Forum – WHY "General"

Community Forums Forums Forum Bugs and Suggestions Old Forum – WHY "General"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Murray 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Manic Dreams Network
    Participant

WHY did you guys collapse the old forum into one category of General Discussion????????????

It is now a major pain in the ass to find the right information. The whole database of information is ruined because it is COMPLETELY inaccessible!!

I don’t understand why the studiopress team disguised this new support feature as something beneficial to the customers. Basically it is a new design with the intention of removing all custom support. And on top of this, you guys destroyed the value of the old forum.

I was a big fan of studiopress up until now.

Bill Murray
    Participant

StudioPress does its share of silly things, but I don’t think they’ve done what you’ve described. The old forum structure is the way it was when it was closed. Perhaps your login cookie expired so you need to log in again to see the forums that are there?

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

Manic Dreams Network
    Participant

well don’t I feel like an idiot hahaha — thanks bill.

but can you imagine the legitimate shock if the forums were indeed collapsed? just pretend.

I renounce my former statement: “I was a big fan of studiopress up until now.”

to the following: “Just kidding guys, just kidding still love yall.”

lol

Bill Murray
    Participant

We’ve all done silly, stupid things, so no need to feel like an idiot. Actually, as long as the search functionality still worked and the links to threads/posts weren’t broken, I don’t think collapsing would be that big of a deal. Unless your issue just happened to match an issue very recently described by another poster who happened to use a good topic title, browsing the individual forums to find answers is much slower than searching.

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Old Forum – WHY "General"’ is closed to new replies.