Older posts… link issue in Focus

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Older posts… link issue in Focus

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Kelly
    Participant

Hi.

http://www.GrownUpCookies.com/

At the bottom of the page, the older posts link goes to a 404. I looked up a few fixes online and they aren’t in agreement. Advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Kelly

//

Susan

Kelly – did your issue just start today? Have you done something different recently? What version of WP are you using?

Have you tried deactivating all your plug-ins to see if any of them are causing an issue?

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Kelly
    Participant

Started a week ago, come to think of it that’s when I updated. Am only using your plug-ins. Will upgrade to 3.5 and deactivate/activate to test. Thanks, Kelly

//

AC
    Blocked

Go to your Settings > Permalinks and Save. See if they return. If not, go back and change the permalinks to something else – save and check them again.

Kelly
    Participant

Will do. Thanks.

//

Kelly
    Participant

Hi again. Regarding broken link

Older posts…

Updated to current WP (was previous version). Changed and saved Permalinks. Updated htaccess.

Still going to 404. I see that it’s going to

http://grownupcookies.com/page/2/

which does not coincide with any previous permalink. My question is I created the posts but do not know how WP decides on the link for previous posts since they are each assigned different permalinks per post. Don’t know what the correct URL should be for “triggering” a group of previous posts shown on a previous page.

On another blog I have it also goes to http://www.CriticalHermeneutics.com/page/2 and works fine. Is it linking to something in /uploads or am I way off base?

Kelly

//

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Try going to Settings > Reading and setting the number of posts equal to the number on your homepage.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Kelly
    Participant

BINGO

Many thanks! Heading to Like now.

Thanks also Anitac and Susan!

Kelly

//

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You’re Welcome!

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Older posts… link issue in Focus’ is closed to new replies.