OMG – please help – FUNCTIONS.PHP

Community Forums Forums General Discussion OMG – please help – FUNCTIONS.PHP

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

willowhavenoutdoor
    Participant

I just tried to change the copyright in the functions.php and now I’m getting Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /home/content/27/6911027/html/wp-content/themes/church/functions.php on line 52

when I try to update.  I changed it back and I’m still getting that – my website is DOWN!  please help.  Below is my functions.php code?????

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Susan. Reason: edited to remove functions.php file
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Susan. Reason: edited to remove functions.php file

braddalton
    Participant

The White Screen of Death has struck again!!

Go to the file using FTP or File Manager in cPanel and delete the code you added that caused the error. Download a copy of the functions.php first as backup.

Here’s the path: public_html/wp-content/themes/church/functions.php on line 52

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

willowhavenoutdoor
    Participant

DUDE you freakin ROCK – thank you!!!!!

braddalton
    Participant

When i copied and pasted the code from the SP code snippets, it changed the apostrophe’s and caused an error because i didn’t copy the raw version. This is a very common error caused by incorrectly copying and pasting PHP Code.

Try this:
    [php]
    // Customize the footer section
    add_filter(‘genesis_footer_creds_text’, ‘church_footer_creds_text’);
    function church_footer_creds_text($creds) {
    $creds = ‘[footer_copyright] &middot; <a href=”http://www.willowhavenoutdoor.com”>Copyright Willow Haven Outdoor 2010</a>’;
    return $creds;
    }
    [/php]

Its also best practice to use a text editor like Notepad++ and use FTP or File Manager in cPanel rather than the File Editor in the WordPress Dashbaord.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.