OOps – I've broke It!

Community Forums Forums General Discussion OOps – I've broke It!

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  weslinda 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

yellowdog
    Participant

Dont ask me how..but I have managed to break my layout, I have the Featured Posts Widget pulling in 6 posts as per the standard modern portfolio theme and i am not sure what i have done but my 6 featured images are all over the place? It was working like a champ before.

Is their a kind sole in here who can help me get is back to how it was? The only thing I did was look at changing the css hover colour?

Its at http://www.learn-to-tint.com/

Thx in advance

yellowdog
    Participant

Tell a lie – i did rename the portfolio category, but I changed that back to Portfolio – I’m lost…

yellowdog
    Participant

I switched to my backup.css and it didn’t fix it, so it must be something in my theme? still confused…?

weslinda
    Participant

So I have not used that theme yet, but it appears that the excerpt / content that you’re adding below the images is making one “portfolio” piece larger than the others.    The Let’s Get U Tooled Up has 6 lines of text, the others have 5.  If you pull back on some of the text there and match the 5 lines, everything should fall in place.

In the theme demo, the content / excerpt is not there so they all line up a specific way.  You should be able to set a content limit in the widget, and that’s how you can reduce the amount of text shown.

Loving the Genesis Life!

yellowdog
    Participant

You Da MAn!

I didn’t think of that, i just set it too restrict the text to 150 characters and it fixed it!

Many thx!

weslinda
    Participant

Glad that worked for you.  It’s one of those little things that you learn to look for after making the issue you mentioned happen a few times.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘OOps – I've broke It!’ is closed to new replies.