Page size not relevant to content

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Page size not relevant to content

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

edgardo
    Participant

Hi All

I’m using StudioPress Lanscape theme with genesis

http://www.nutango.co.uk

my home page & web pages size is not relevant to the content, using firebug it show’s that its the #inner in .css that needs editing

i have found in the edit themes css page the #inner section to edit, i have tried various edit options

like adding:   position: relative;

max height

to no avail

if i change the height to suit one page then its not relative to another,

any ideas

regards

eddie

http://www.nutango.co.uk

cdils
    Participant

Hi Eddie,
    It looks like you’ve got a lot of extraneous markup in your page content. You shouldn’t have to force height on any of the pages. Open up individual pages to edit and delete extra white space (line breaks).

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

Terry
    Participant

Hi Eddie,

To piggyback on @cdils. Do you use Firebug (Firefox) or Chrome DevTools (Chrome) to view your css? You can test edit to your css live. That may help you trouble shoot the site. If you don’t use them, try Google for more info as there are many great reference sites.

Best of Luck with your site,

Terry

Customizing Genesis Child Themes @ MaroonTech

edgardo
    Participant

Thanks Carrie

So when i compose in the my page’s  (text option) i should leave no breaks in respect of white space, if i want to create a space i use     ?

perhaps i could show you an excerpt from on of my pages?

Thanks for your advice Terry i shall follow this up

Eddie

cdils
    Participant

Hi Eddie,

You don’t need to add any spaces with html (i.e.  ) – the content editor will add line breaks and paragraph breaks for you. Just edit like you would a Word document. :)

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.