Page template menu not showing up in Magazine

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Page template menu not showing up in Magazine

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

carriei
    Participant

I’m not sure how long it’s been this way, but today I needed to use a page template and discovered that the Template dropdown menu is not showing up when I have Magazine activated. It shows up when Genesis (no child theme) is activated or when the 2014 theme is activated, but disappears with Magazine activated.

I tried deleting the Magazine theme and uploading it again, but the page templates are still not showing. Please advise. Thanks!

AC
    Blocked

Can you provide a screen shot please of that area?

carriei
    Participant

AC
    Blocked

Is that the screenshot with the Genesis Framework activated or the Magazine theme?

carriei
    Participant

It’s with the Magazine theme activated.

AC
    Blocked

Deactivate your plugins and check again. Plus, I saw on a forum somewhere that someone had the same issue. They switched to the default WordPress theme an then switched back to their Genesis theme and it returned.

AC
    Blocked

If this doesn’t work – go to Appearance > Editor. Look to see if you have any templates showing up on the right hand side.

carriei
    Participant

Deactivating plugins changed nothing. Page Templates showed up when Genesis was activated without child theme. Uploaded fresh copy of Magazine and Page Templates still don’t show up.

The templates page says “ERROR: Template is missing.” at the top when Magazine is activated. Is there a page template file that might be missing? Like I said, I uploaded a fresh download of Magazine (Old) so I don’t know why there would be a file missing.

AC
    Blocked

Make sure the file folders on the server say: “/wp-content/themes/magazine” and not “wp-content/themes/magazine/magazine”.

AC
    Blocked

Can you send a screenshot of the Template CSS – Appearance > Editor and screen shot that page.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.