Photos to thumbnails since new WP version update – Help?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Photos to thumbnails since new WP version update – Help?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  angelanallman 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

angelanallman
    Participant

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Since updating to WordPress 3.5, some photos – not all – have shrunk to a thumbnail size. I believe it’s the photos that were manually resized when I originally inserted them into the post. Here is an example post: http://www.travelingange.com/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-traveler-in-prague/  You can see that some photos were not changed, while others are now square thumbnails.

I asked in the WP forum and received feedback that it would be due to my custom theme specifically. Really, I don’t want to go through every post and reformat these.

Can anyone help??

Riavon
    Participant

Maybe try installing and running the plugin called “Regenerate Thumbnails”…

Twitter: @riavonentprises

angelanallman
    Participant

Thanks for the speedy response. Unfortunately, that didn’t seem to do the job. I tried it in bulk and with individual photos. Am I missing some sort of final apply button or something?

Riavon
    Participant

I don’t think so. Regenerate works automatically on it’s own once you set it in motion. The only suggestion I can make is to ensure that you’ve cleared your browser cache then re-load your page. If I think of anything else, I’ll be sure to post it here for you. Sorry I wasn’t able to help. It was a bit of a stab in the dark…but figured it was worth a shot.

Riavon
    Participant

Just thought of something. Check your size settings for size “Medium” under Settings/Media. What you set here determines the maximum dimensions in pixels an image will render an image in the body of a post.

dreamwhisper
    Participant

Users are reporting the photon portion of Jetpack causing this.

Jen Baumann’s alter ego

Jennifer “Hermione” Baumann | Recommended StudioPress Developer
    Dream Whisper Designs | Themessence | @dreamwhisper | If I’ve helped, like me on Facebook

angelanallman
    Participant

Hmm… Media settings are standard. I’ve deactivated the photon feature and nothing has changed. Can you recommend any other action?

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Actually, since you deactivated photon, it looks like the photos are back to normal. Clear your browser cache and refresh. They aren’t using the wp.com url anymore for me.

Here’s a WordPress.org support thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/photon-crops-my-images. There are several others, especially since the 3.5 upgrade, though I’m not familiar with any reason why that caused it.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/changing-image-size-in-post-defaults-to-thumbnail-size-when-updated

Happy New Year!

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

angelanallman
    Participant

Yay! You’re right. Problem solved. Thanks for the help! You’re a star.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Photos to thumbnails since new WP version update – Help?’ is closed to new replies.