Please help adjust header widget image without affecting background

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Please help adjust header widget image without affecting background

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kmb
    Participant

I am trying to adjust the header widget image on my magazine theme and when I try to drop the image to line up with the secondary nav, it pushes the background color up above the secondary nav.

My website is http:everythingswimmingpools.com

I want the bottom of the boy to be flush at the bottom of whits header color, but when I do that the blueish color comes above the nav.

Is there a way to move the image down without affecting any of the other layout.

If anyone can help I would be thankful and very appreciative. Thanks in advance for any help.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    Your header image is 150px tall. The “kids” are 140px tall. If you shrink the header height just a scosh, the kids will meet the bottom. This bit of CSS should do it:

[css]
    .header-image #title-area {
    height: 140px;
    }[/css]

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

kmb
    Participant

I tried that but, once again it pushes the blueish background up above the secondary nav. I have made other slight adjustments to the css that are probably conflicting. I am at a loss. Any more help is appreciated.

David Chu
    Participant

If I’m following you, you also have some margins on the right image. You could try this to fix that.

[css]
    #header img.alignright {
    margin: 0;
    }[/css]

Dave

kmb
    Participant

That worked along with adding 10px to the padding for the #header .widget-area making it 10px 0 0;

Thank you for your help. It is silly but looks better for know until I change the image again later in the season. Have a good week and your time and help is appreciated very much.

David Chu
    Participant

Glad to hear it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.