Point me to the Sheriff!

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Point me to the Sheriff!

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tommytx
    Participant

Can someone point me in the correct direction to confirm whether or not a new user purchased a license or stole a template.

Thanks

Anita
    Participant

Stole or purchased it from where?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

tommytx
    Participant

its an agent press theme… just kicked an agent off my site and magically they came up with an identical agent press layout of their own…… so just wondered if they copied my pages and redisplayed it.. or actually came to studio press and purchased a license… is that possible to confirm if its a licensed site or a duped one… I can give the domain name to management but privately since if its licensed I dont’ want to cause a ruckus… course it pretty easy to take the agent press down and make a non blog out of it… then becomes a regular websiste…..

Grigorios
    Participant

They “only” violating the spirit of the WordPress community.

Anita
    Participant

Unfortunately another customers’ purchase details cannot be shared with you as that private information. If you feel they are in violation of copyrights or something of that nature you should seek legal counsel. What is your website URL and what is theirs?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

tommytx
    Participant

Well its not my loss, its the loss of Studio Press… I understand you cannot provide to me purchase info of another client, but I thought you would be interested in someone in management making private contact with me so they could take a look to see if its paid or pirated from Agent Press but from my site… so if you don’t care neither do I…  I will not post public in the forum in case I am wrong and they are paid…. just a hunch… so let’s just forget about it….  comparing my site to hers would be worthless since the images have all been changed… they are now different in content.. its just so coincidental they used my exact theme same colors and all… but who knows they could be legit… only Studio Press would know about licenses… Thanks anyway..  Of course if they had duped my content then I would have gotten counsel for copyright…  and like Getty Images.. bypass the “Cease and Desist” step and go right to “SUE”

Anita
    Participant

You can put in a ticket to support by going to my.studiopress.com if you feel you need to contact them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.