Portfolio Widget in Lifestyle Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Portfolio Widget in Lifestyle Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

sportoct
    Participant

Hi,

I have read the tutorial on the Portfolio widget for the Lifestyle them and it just isn’t working. It looks so simple.

I created a New Page called it “Portfolio” and then selected the template called portfolio from the side bar and saved it.

Then I dragged a Featured Posts Widget to the right colum and put it into the Portfolio widget box. Then I mimicked what the tutorial said to do and chose the category that I want to show as a portfolio and it didn’t work.

Can anyone help with what I may be missing? Do you have to do anything with the post itself?

Thanks,
    Stacey

braddalton
    Participant

Should work as that’s the best method to create a portfolio. http://my.studiopress.com/setup/lifestyle-theme/#portfolio

You will need to publish posts assigned to the portfolio category and add featured images to each post which are the same size as the settings. 202 x 140

sportoct
    Participant

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your response. I am sorry. I am just not following the logic of the tutorial. If I create a page called Portfolio, then how would I assign the published post to a portfolio category? It didn’t say to create a portfolio category. It said to create a portfolio page. Usually can figure these things out but it’s really stumping me.

Can you tell me exactly where I would assign the post to a portfolio category?

Stacey

braddalton
    Participant

Publish the page with a slug named portfolio and then add it to your menu.

Then publish posts assigned to a category named portfolio.

In the edit screen there is a module named Category under your Publish button.

There’s also a Featured Image module.

djolistarr
    Participant

Hi There!

I was actually able to figure out how to set up the portfolio section for the most part, except for the columns. Currently, everything is stacking on one column (this is what it looks like)–I was hoping to set it up like the demo but I am NOT understanding the instructions on the Tutorial page. Can you help me with this?

JDM

braddalton
    Participant

Try re-saving your Permalinks and reduce the value for the width in the CSS of needed.

djolistarr
    Participant

Just by reading your response, I know will not resolve my issue, but thanks anyways.

braddalton
    Participant

It worked for me when i tested it locally before writing several posts on the same topic.

futurewebboss
    Participant

What would be the best way to create multiple portfolio pages where you want to display different categories of your portfolio?

braddalton
    Participant

Use the same archive page template

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.