Post Formats Not Working

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Post Formats Not Working

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DerekWeaver 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

DerekWeaver
    Participant

I’ve seen a couple of threads on this, but neither solved the problem I’m having.

I placed the code found here: http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/post-formats/ to enable post formats.  It’s given me the option, and it is grabbing the icons for each format I choose, but it’s not actually doing anything.

For instance, if I try to create a post similar to the link blog posts on Daring Fireball, Loop Insights or Marco.org, it posts as a standard post, but still pulls the corresponding icon.

I’m sure there’s something I’m missing or not getting, but I’m not sure what it is.  I also tried the plugin found here http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-add-a-user-interface-for-post-formats-in-wordpress-3-5/ to no avail.

braddalton
    Participant

Why don’t you consider updating to WordPress 3.6 which includes post formats in the core.

Take full backup just in case but its at Beta 3 and due for release shortly.

I’m running it locally with Genesis 2.0 and it works fine.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

DerekWeaver
    Participant

Ahh, good thinking.  Should have thought of just working with that instead.

Thanks.

DerekWeaver
    Participant

Hmmm, the link post format in 3.6 isn’t doing quite what I want it to.  It’ll add the link at the bottom of a post, but I can add a link myself, so the link format’s not really working out just yet.

I’m trying to get it so that the post title from the homepage links to an external site, but that an icon or the date (whichever one, really) links to the location on my site.

On loop, it’s the little infinity like symbol, daring fireball is the star, etc.

I’m assuming I need to add/change something in one or more .php files, but I haven’t got a clue which.  The only code I’ve seen that may have been a start broke my theme.

Thanks, and sorry to be a bother.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  DerekWeaver.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  DerekWeaver.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.