Post info

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kristamackinnon 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Sunil Govind
    Participant

How can I remove the Post Byline? (date, author, comments link before content and file under after the content ) ,

I tried this, but i cannot locate this in the theme function php. I am just using the genesis framework

Below is the code to remove the post info on your site:
    /** Remove the post info function */
    remove_action( ‘genesis_before_post_content’, ‘genesis_post_info’ );

cdils
    Participant

Hi Sunil,

You won’t find these in your functions.php – you just need to add them. :)
    /** Remove the post info function */
    remove_action( 'genesis_before_post_content', 'genesis_post_info' );

/** Remove the post meta function */
    remove_action( 'genesis_after_post_content', 'genesis_post_meta' );

Are you working with a child theme or just editing the Genesis theme directly? It’s not recommended that you edit the Genesis Framework. You can download the free Sample Theme if you want and edit that like crazy. :)

http://www.studiopress.com/free-themes/sample

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Sunil Govind
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Sunil Govind
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

kristamackinnon
    Participant

So, if I want to remove the author line, what should I do? I don’t want to edit the Genesis file if I don’t have to…

cdils
    Participant

Hi Krista,

You’d either need to remove it via the code above (to keep the author line from printing to the page) or hide it (with CSS). Is your hesitation working with code or editing a file directly? If it’s the latter, you could use a plugin like Genesis Simple Hooks to insert your custom code.

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

kristamackinnon
    Participant

Yes, genesis simple edits worked. I removed the short code in the post info section via genesis simple edits. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.