Post Thumbnails not working after changing theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Post Thumbnails not working after changing theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Loudness 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Loudness
    Participant

Hi

I switched from “educational” theme to “streamline”, however, the post thumbnails are not working anymore, instead of a thumbnail, i see the full article, including a large image as the featured image.

Any idea what can cause this ? Where should i look first ?

anitac
    Participant

Each theme works different. That’s how Streamline was made. If you want it to work differently then you have to change the code to remove that image. Here’s a tutorial by Brad Dalton – http://wpsites.net/web-design/add-remove-image-above-post-title/. If you have questions on the code, ask Brad.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Loudness
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply Anitac

Followed the instruction in the link provided (removed the code in the function.php file of my child theme) but it didnt work. I also made sure the option : “include the featured image” is NOT checked in the Genesis theme option.

None of these work. I still have a large image above the post title.

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

You may also try “regenerating” your thumbnails. This will often fix this issue when you change image sizes after the images have been uploaded.

You can search for a plugin that will do this and try it out…it might take care of the issue for you.

Loudness
    Participant

Working ! Apparently I had to clear my cache after the change in the function.php file.

Thanks for your help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Post Thumbnails not working after changing theme’ is closed to new replies.