[post_date] output rebuild?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks [post_date] output rebuild?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nerdworker 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

GSmith84
    Participant

Greetings Genesis Experts,

I was looking at some of the new HTML5 header entry stuff and I just really need to break up the date. The problem I have is that I want the output to essentially be the same, except I’ll have it laid out differently.

This is what it looks like when I manually do it using the filter.

<time class="entry-time" itemprop="datePublished" datetime="'.get_the_date('Y-m-dTH:i:s').'"><span class="dateday">'.get_the_date('d').'</span><span class="datemonth">'.get_the_date('F, Y').'</span></time> By [post_author_posts_link] [post_categories sep=", " before="| " after=" |"] [post_comments zero="0 Comments" one="1 Comment" more="% Comments"] [post_edit]

I am just not familiar what date format is used in the post_date “datetime” segment. My output with this is datetime="2014-01-07UTC05:06:04" which isn’t exactly what genesis is using in the [post_date] shortcode.

nerdworker

If you want to better understand the date formats, perhaps this will help:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time

I may be able to help you more specifically if I knew what format output you are looking for. How do you want your date to be formatted in the end result?

Regards,

Stefanie
    nerdworker.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.