Primary and secondary sidebars not aligning when adding another widget area

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Primary and secondary sidebars not aligning when adding another widget area

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elaine Griffin 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

Hello,

I have registered a double-width sidebar above my primary and secondary sidebars on this site: http://www.http://retro-food.com/

Curiously, or maybe not so curiously, it sits above the primary sidebar fine, but the secondary sidebar floats on top, unless I add a margin (which I hate). For whatever reason, every time I visit the site, the sidebar is off. I fix it again, and it’s off.

I had a problem previously hooking this sidebar without having to also add a negative margin to the content. I put it in every sidebar option, and this has worked the best. Just telling you this as a little background. I have hooked it in genesis_before_content.

Thank you, beautiful community!

Elaine

Gary Jones

Since you want the double-width area to span above the primary sidebar (which is in content-sidebar-wrap) and the secondary sidebar wrap (which isn’t), then you’re either going to need a top margin, some convoluted CSS (in 5 minutes I couldn’t charm it all neatly into position), or you need to approach it from the other direction – take a single (primary) sidebar, and split it into two underneath it.

Not sure if the code still works, but http://code.garyjones.co.uk/genesis-split-sidebars should give you a good starting point.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

This worked perfectly, thank you!

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

I am having another problem, now. I need the header background for the large sidebar to cover the entire width. I’ve tried all sorts of things to do that, and nothing is working!

Gary Jones

You mean the Egg Money background bit?

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

Yes! Thank you.

Gary Jones

The background is added via an image, so you’ll need a new (larger size) image, and apply it to either #text-15 h4 {} or #sidebar h4:first {}

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

Perfect! Thank you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Primary and secondary sidebars not aligning when adding another widget area’ is closed to new replies.