Problem getting rid of the default header in Education theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Problem getting rid of the default header in Education theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mcarey 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mcarey
    Participant

New to WP and this forum and would appreciate help from an experienced user. Using Education theme and can’t get rid of the default EDUCATION header. I added my own image but the default still displays along with my image. Went to Appearance…Header and unchecked show header text with image but I don’t know where else to go. You can see the messed up images here at http://www.mydigitalforce.com. Any advice?

braddalton
    Participant

At least 3 ways to do this:

1. Using File Manager in cPanel or FTP, go to wp-content > themes > education > images and delete the default logo.

2. Or you can hide it using CSS code on line 253 of your child themes style.css file, change the code to this:

[css]
    .header-image #title a {
    background: url("images/logo.png") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;
    display: none;
    }
    [/css]

3. Or remove the images/logo.png from the code.

[css]
    .header-image #title a {
    background: url("") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;
    }
    [/css]

Solution 1 and 3 are the easiest.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

mcarey
    Participant

Thank you. I used #1 above and it fixed it. I feel like I am on a huge learning curve here and am thankful for expert help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.