Problem with Featured Images in Lifestyle Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Problem with Featured Images in Lifestyle Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

peter2013
    Participant

I’m getting a significant error with homepage post preview images on the Lifetsyle Theme

I’ve gone to Genesis> Theme Settings>Content Archives in order to “include featured image” and I’ve selected the home page size 120×120

The problem is that the theme home page is now previewing pictures for every post using pictures from within that post. When I add a featured image it doesn’t overwrite the image that’s already being pulled from within the post.

Worst, the images aren’t resizing properly….I’ve now got images at 120×45, 120×46 and numerous other heights (width does remain at 120).

Is there a problem with the resizing script? Is the theme over-riding wordpress standard featured images function?

My URL isn’t set yet so I can’t send, I’ve tried switching off all plugins so there’s no plugin conflict.

Could you please help?

Thanks

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Can you look in your wp-content/uploads/ folder using FTP to see if there are multiple copies of the images stored at different image sizes please? They should be names image-name.jpg, image-name-150×150.jpg, image-name-120×90.jpg for example. This will show if the resizing script is working.

Also try running the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to regenerate all the image sizes. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

Then if it’s still not working, update the settings and save them again. Ensure the posts being displayed definitely have a featured image set and try adding a post with a featured image but no images within the post content.

Let me know how that goes and if this solves the problem.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.