Prose Theme – Full Width? Best Theme for Full Width site

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Prose Theme – Full Width? Best Theme for Full Width site

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

apouch
    Participant

I have been using Prose theme for many of my new clients sites – but I am having problems trying to achieve a full width layout. I keep hitting the walls with keeping it responsive so my question Is it possible to make it full width? Or is it better to chose a different child theme for this? I want the entire site to be full width not just the header.

If so is there a tutorial to do this with Prose?

If not – what child them would your recommend to use for this?

Thanks so much – sort of in a jam at this point!

Anne
    PS please note that the URL below is a work in progress!

http://www.annepouch.com/grla/

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    That’s an interesting question. Prose has many adherents. I’ve done several sites for people using it. It’s not really my cup of tea, but it does have some nifty features that Genesis themes generally don’t have. That’s why I would like to know who coded it, but they’re not talking. :-)

Straight Prose actually will do responsive instantly via the following. Just comment out the “width” line.

body {
      background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F5F5F5;
      margin: 0 auto;
      width: 970px;
    }

Your site was tricky, but I think I’ve found at least a helpful little silver bullet for you at responsive size. Just get rid of the “overflow: hidden;” in this command:

#wrap {
      background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
      border: 5px solid #EDEDED;
      margin: 10px auto;
      overflow: hidden;
      padding: 10px;
      position: relative;
    }

Cheers, Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.