Prose Theme Help – Please!

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Prose Theme Help – Please!

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  carolinagirl715 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Greetings everyone.  I’ve tried to find an answer to this question in the forum to no avail – at least, to no avail in a language a “newbie” can understand.  :-)  I have been able to change my fonts for my posts titles to a google font; however, I am unable to make the change for the sidebar widget titles, subnav bar.  I can change the font temporarily when I inspect the element using Chrome; however, when I copy the exact code over to my custom code, it doesn’t change.    Here’s what I have done in custom code:

.widget-area h4 {
    color: #E36295;
    font-family: handlee, cursive;
    font-size: 16px;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: bold;
    border-bottom: 1px dotted #FDB503;
    text-transform: none;

I’ve been trying to figure this out on my own for over a day and am on the verge of pulling out my hair. Could there possibly be a setting or some code somewhere that is overriding the custom google font?   I would appreciate any help that anyone could offer.   Thanks much from Eastern NC!

1. Have you registed the Google custom font? If you haven’t, you need to do it first. You may see how to do it HERE

2. Secondly, I think you won’t need the media=”all”. Just delete it.

3. For custom font, you need to use something like this –> ‘Handlee’. So, it’ll be font-family: ‘Handlee’, cursive;

Hi WPSpeak!  Thanks for your quick response.  Actually, I put this in the Theme Settings>Header Script:

<link href=’’ rel=’stylesheet’ type=’text/css’>

Then, I copied the code in my initial post over to my custom CSS in Prose.  Didn’t work but now for some reason it is.  I didn’t have handlee in single quotes as you suggested in #3 above so maybe that was it.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

To make this change for my subnav bar fonts, could you tell me what I need to put in my custom code or what to look for?

Thank you again!  I have one strand of hair left and you have prevented me from pulling it out!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.