Prose Theme on IPhone

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Prose Theme on IPhone

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dstrange26
    Participant

I’m new to genesis. I’ve developed a site for a local organization using genesis prose. It works fine on the computer and Ipad; but not the Iphone. On the Iphone it cuts off 1/2 the text. My site is: lwvappleton.org. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://lwvappleton.org

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    The latest Prose does have responsiveness, so I’ll assume you have that. It’s hard to see with your CSS all minified, but I think I found the smoking gun, or at least one of them. This pinch of CSS is too wide at small sizes:

[css]
    .content-sidebar #content-sidebar-wrap {
    width: 930px;
    }
    [/css]

I’m guessing that you modified the CSS that way for some reason. Because it’s minified, I can’t point you to a line or file location, that will be up to you to find.

This is what you need to have the spacing work at small sizes, just like the Prose demo:
    [css]
    .content-sidebar #content-sidebar-wrap {
    width: 100%;
    }
    [/css]

So that line will have to be in there somewhere, possibly along with a media query.

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

dstrange26
    Participant

Hi David, thanks for your feedback. The CSS is no longer minified. Unfortunately, changing the width to 100% did not help. If you have a moment could you tell me if there is anything else I should change.

Thanks

Dave

David Chu
    Participant

Now this line is killing it.

[css]
    .content-sidebar #content {
    padding: 20px;
    width: 600px;
    }
    [/css]

Your best bet at this point is to use something like Firebug to see what’s happening at various sizes. I would also look at .entry-content, which seems to be too wide at small sizes as well. and #inner as well. Basically, I’d suggest removing your custom.css code (however that’s getting in there, and save it, of course), and then test, adding back 1 piece at a time. Then you can adjust each smoking gun as they come up. That should point you in the right direction. The rest is up to you.

Good luck, Dave

dstrange26
    Participant

Thank you David, I got it working! I appreciate your help.

Dave

David Chu
    Participant

Nice! Glad that helped.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Prose Theme on IPhone’ is closed to new replies.