Question about homepage design

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Question about homepage design

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rfmeier 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mshreckengast
    Participant

My layout is content – sidebar on the homepage.  I have Slider, Home-Top, Call to Action in between the header-footer on the left side and the primary sidebar on the right.  The primary sidebar is about 1/2 the height of the content section on the left and you can see the background design in this gap.  How can I either increase the sidebar height or insert a white section to fill in the gap?  I don’t have this problem with sidebars on other pages in my website as they appear to sit on top of those pages.

http://wordpress-36593-mark.app.standingcloud.com/

rfmeier
    Participant

Hello,

I found this code within your style.css file that is not allowing the #inner element to wrap the content properly.

[css]
    /* line ~451 */
    .executive-home #inner {
    overflow: visible;
    }[/css]

I found setting the overflow to ‘hidden’ fixed the missing background color, but I am not sure if it will have any effects on the home page. You may have to test it out.

I hope this helps.

mshreckengast
    Participant

Thanks Ryan, at first glance that change seems to have fixed this issue.  I appreciate your time!

rfmeier
    Participant

You are welcome. I am glad I could help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.