Reinstalling Innov8ive Child theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Reinstalling Innov8ive Child theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

butterguy
    Participant

Hi,

my innov8ive child theme is corrupt (according to hostgator) so they suggested I reinstall it. I suspect it has something to do with “cacheing” because I was trying to set up wp supercache with a CDN : amazon cloudfront, and the template had issues soon after. I disabled cloudfront. This is what I’m planning to do to get my site back as it was before this issue. Please tell me if this is correct:

1. delete WP supercache from wordpress

2. Copy and paste my CSS (innov8ive) style sheet from Hostgator into a doc

3. Delete my innov8ive child theme from wordpress

4. reinstall and activate my innov8ive theme

5. paste my old CSS style sheet into the wordpress editor

Am I missing anything?   Tony

PS…my site is currently showing the WP 2012 theme, not innov8ive

Butterfly Garden Ideas & InspirationMonarch Butterfly Garden

AC
    Blocked

Tony, I am the one you correspond with on Eight Crazy Designs support. You could actually just deactivate the plugin all together, delete the files and then implement your original Innov8tive theme again.

butterguy
    Participant

Hi Anita,

I have deleted the WP supercache…I think the problem might have occurred before supercache and installing just exposed it.

When I initially installed my theme, it was installed as theme=innov8ive.bak      is it supposed to be theme=innov8ive     ???   I looked up .bak and see that it means backup…none of my other themes have that extension.

Should I reinstall the regular one?

AC
    Blocked

The file doesn’t come labeled like that. Where did you get the file with a .bak extension from? I would just take do what I suggested. Rename the file – functions.php on the server to functions-old.php. Then upload a new copy of the functions.php from the theme folder – not that .bak file.

butterguy
    Participant

Hi Anita, I was about to activate the innov8ive theme again. However, when I ‘live preview’ the theme in wordpress it shows nothing…do genesis child themes not preview or is there still a problem?   (my old themezilla child theme does preview)

Thanks for your help, Tony

AC
    Blocked

Hi Tony, why don’t you go to my website and send me a note so I can have your email. I will try to assist you offline which might be faster.

butterguy
    Participant

Anita,

thank you so much for helping me get my child theme up and running again. You were EXTREMELY helpful and I appreciate the time you took to figure out the issue. I won’t be messing with CDN’s again anytime soon :)  Tony

AC
    Blocked

Ha! Glad to help. I’ll close this now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reinstalling Innov8ive Child theme’ is closed to new replies.