Remove Authors from Site Map

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove Authors from Site Map

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fiddles5 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

fiddles5
    Participant

Hello — I would like to remove the “Authors” and “Monthly” listings from the Site Map — how do I do this?

http://mywholelifehealthcare.com.previewdns.com/site-map/

thank you!

Chris Cree
    Participant

Make a copy of the page_archive.php file and put it in your child theme folder. Then edit your copied file to remove lines 49-52 (the forum keeps stripping out the copy of the code. Grrr…)

Basically it’s the h4 tag and the ul tag for the authors. It should be pretty obvious I hope.

fiddles5
    Participant

Thanks but I don’t have a page_archive.php visible. I only have functions.php. Using the Executive theme.

Chris Cree
    Participant

You have to copy the page_archive.php file from the core Genesis theme folder. This is the template you used when you created your sitemap page.

When you put a template file in your child theme folder that duplicates one in the core Genesis theme folder then Genesis will use the one in your child theme folder instead of the one in the Genesis folder.

Chris Cree
    Participant

Oh, and I found out how to get the code to show. I think. This is what you will need to remove from that template:

[php]<h4><?php _e( ‘Authors:’, ‘genesis’ ); ?></h4>
    <ul>
    <?php wp_list_authors( ‘exclude_admin=0&optioncount=1′ ); ?>
    </ul>[/php]

fiddles5
    Participant

Chris — strike that!  I looked in the Genesis directory and found the page_archive.php and copied it to the Executive Theme directory and modified it as you mentioned, and it worked.

Does anyone see any reason NOT to do it this way, or is it okay to do it this way?

Thanks, Chris! Happy New Year!

Chris Cree
    Participant

I’ve been working with these themes since 2007 and the first iteration of Revolution well before Genesis existed. It’s the right way to do it. ;)

wpsmith

Chris is right on! Great job Chris!

Travis Smith | Recommended StudioPress Developer & Contributor
    WP Smith | @wp_smith | GitHub

Due to the forums, please paste code using Pastebin, JS Fiddle (for JavaScript) or GitHub.
    How to use Firebug for Designers by SixRevisions

fiddles5
    Participant

thank you all so much!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Remove Authors from Site Map’ is closed to new replies.