Remove border from featured page image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove border from featured page image

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dusty909 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m attempting to replicate the complete functionality of the demo eleven40 theme before I modify to suit my own tastes, and am running into a problem with the “About me” widget in the primary sidebar. I am attempting to replicate the demo by using the Genesis Featured Page Widget targeting a small page with a bit of text and a featured image. There must be a difference between mine and the demo however, because on my site I’m getting a border around the image which is getting clipped on the right border due to the width being too large.

Do I need some custom CSS to match the way this is implemented in the demo (no border)? Or is this the wrong way to go about this?

See my website here.

The demo is just using a text widget there not a Featured Page widget. The currrent image gets its style from
    .featuredpage img,
    .featuredpost img,
    .post-image {
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    border: 1px solid #ddd;
    padding: 4px;

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Got it – thanks. I’ll try a text widget. Brings up the question though – say I did want to use the featured page widget, how would I fix the border so it is not being clipped? Using the CSS you’ve included above I could just turn the border off, but say I wanted to keep the border, I suppose I would need to edit the width of the image so that there’s still room for the border and padding in the sidebar?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.