Remove "content-sidebar-wrap"

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove "content-sidebar-wrap"

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nickthegeek 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mmjaeger
    Participant

is there a way to remove the content-sidebar-wrap container in the html markup – if so, how?

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    Once in a great, great while I like to mess with Genesis markup. It can be done without undue complications in the header and footer.

I took a look, and I don’t see a way to do this without hacking the core. So my advice: just don’t.

Apart from that, as I look at the code, I can’t see a good reason to remove that anyway, at least none that can’t easily be achieved by some CSS.

My 2 cents.
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

steeleware
    Participant

In my case I don’t even have a sidebar, so semantically I think it’s unacceptable – in fact, just plain embarrassing – to have a #content-sidebar-wrap wrapping my full-width main content. I hope I can find a way to remove it without touching the framework code (also, unacceptable).

David Chu
    Participant

Actually, there’s another way to remove it. Just make all new templates, and the ones in your child theme will override the defaults. Stock WordPress solution. A LOT of work, though, and to me, it defeats the purpose of having a framework. You’d probably be happier with a system like _s.

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

steeleware
    Participant

I see your point David – that does sound like it defeats the purpose. So far I really like Genesis, but It would be cleaner if it didn’t output that wrapper when there’s no sidebar.

I’ve never heard of _s, but I’ll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

There is no way to remove it without making all new template and skipping the genesis(); function. If you do this you may affect how other Genesis plugins work with your site and potentially cause problems with updates in the future so I don’t recommend it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.