Remove date and time on comments field

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove date and time on comments field

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sanjib
    Participant

Hi

I am using the executive theme and would like to remove the date and time entries written on each comment.
    Can you also tell me how I can reduce the size of the black header on each comment?

Many thanks
    Sanjib

http://www.mywisdomclub.com/cheeky-spiritual-response-to-a-salesman/#comments

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

To remove the date and time from comments, add the following to your style.css:

p.comment-meta {
            display: none;
    }

As for the black bar, search for this in style.css:

.comment-header, .ping-list .comment-meta {
    background-color: #222;
    color: #fff;
    float: left;
    font-weight: 700;
    padding: 30px;
    padding: 3rem;
    width: 100%;
    }

and change it to this:

.comment-header, .ping-list .comment-meta {
    background-color: #222;
    color: #fff;
    float: left;
    font-weight: 700;
    padding: 20px;
    padding: 2rem;
    width: 100%;
    }

That should take care of it, but let me know if you run into trouble.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

olivier.moreau
    Participant

To find by yourself the way to tweak with CSS, use Firefox with the plugin “Web developer”. Choose “Inspector” in the menu and move the pointer to the zone you want to change. Then you type in new value and see immediately the result ! You will also see the line number in the style.css file to do the permanent change. Use a good editor like jEdit and you quickly find back the line to modify. Of course it’s not going to help as much if you need to add new code but at least you know where to go.

Sanjib
    Participant

thank you so much, worked perfectly… you are awsome!!!

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

So glad it worked! If you don’t mind, please mark the topic as resolved so we’ll know you no longer need help with this issue. :)

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.