Remove excerpts in category archive page (grid loop view)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove excerpts in category archive page (grid loop view)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jroytw 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jroytw
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I use the great plugin Genesis Grid by Bill Erikson, it works perfectly but I don’t want to show excerpts after the featured image, how to do that?

thank you for your help.

Jimmy from Taiwan

braddalton
    Participant

You could hide them using CSS code. Not sure about the plugin settings but maybe you can also change the content limit for excerpts.

You could also do this with PHP code which is a bit more complicated.

Link to the archives please.

jroytw
    Participant

I already try to play with content limit but it doesn’t work, it didn’t show the excerpts but it show […].

I had the idea to remove the portion of php code in Genesis core… but I don’t think it’s a good idea!

jroytw
    Participant

nobody know how to remove excerpts? (maybe that’s why I found nothing on Google!).

braddalton
    Participant

Can’t help you if you don’t provide a link to the page which contains the excerpts.

jroytw
    Participant

the website is not online yet.
    here a screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/90/image2tk.png/

you will see above some images an excerpt, it appears only if a text exists, I don’t want to show this text on the category archive page, only in the single page.

jroytw
    Participant

is it really impossible without hacking the core?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.