Remove featured image not working properly in Crystal Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove featured image not working properly in Crystal Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa at OG 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Gary Jones

Java has nothing to do with WP, and Java is different to javaScript (which does).

For reference, I’m on Windows 7, and managed to add and remove a featured image perfectly fine with Chrome and IE10, with a new draft post, with whatever plugins were active at the time I checked.

Plugins were disabled, with no change in behaviour. Lisa reports that changing theme DOES solve the problem, leading to an issue with Genesis or Crystal, but these are obviously well used themes, and I’ve not seen any other reports like this. I didn’t get around to disabling customisations (it’s a live site), but I couldn’t see anything obvious in the code. There were no JS errors for me.

I’m outta ideas.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

I tested this on my localhost and don’t find the problem. The only difference is, WordPress version is the latest: 3.7.

Have you tried using other browsers? Is the problem present in both IE and Chrome?

Lisa at OG
    Participant

Hi Sridhar, yes the problem is present in IE 10 and Chrome — also on an iPad.

Thanks Gary for the correction. I should have said Javascript.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  Lisa at OG.
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by  Lisa at OG.

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

How about in Firefox?

When you inspect the ‘Remove featured image’ link using Chrome’s Inspect Element, what’s the generated HTML?

Ex.:

<p class="hide-if-no-js"><a href="#" id="remove-post-thumbnail" onclick="WPRemoveThumbnail('894642e8f5');return false;">Remove featured image</a></p>

Lisa at OG
    Participant

We use Firebox Version 24 and this is what we see using Firebug:
    [html]
    Remove featured image
    [/html]

Gary Jones

Lisa – you’ll need to edit the previous post (if you can), and amend the contents in between the [[html]] tags, as I think the forum may have removed some attributes.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

Lisa at OG
    Participant

It would not allow me to edit the comment. I can try again but it may remove the code again. :( Here is the Firebug code we see in Firefox 24:

<a onclick="WPRemoveThumbnail('ea9fa5a603');return false;" id="remove-post-thumbnail" href="#">Remove featured image</a>

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.