Remove images from posts on home page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove images from posts on home page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jcp-newbie 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dusty909
    Participant

I am using the eleven40 theme, and on the home page, all posts with the exception of the most recent post take the first image in the post and crop it down to 270 x 100 and show it above the excerpt. This looks pretty bad for images that weren’t originally the same aspect ratio as the 270×100. Is there a way to stop genesis from showing this cropped image at all? Short of making sure that I select images for my posts that have the correct aspect ratio (a pain), is there any other way to deal with this issue that looks any good?

My site is http://www.stockodo.com

Thanks!

dusty909
    Participant

I figured it out… by setting ‘grid_image_size’  => 0, in home.php.

Anyone got any other suggestions for me though, other than removing the pictures completely?

gh5649
    Participant

Help – I need assistance with this as well, please.

I do not show this original question was resolved.

Using Eleven40 Theme – After the “latest post” I would like to have the post images on the front page appear as a thumbnail (150×150) or at least have the option to display more than an abbreviated and cropped 100 pixel height.  (Note:  this does not apply to the post on my home page – as it does show the image at full size.

Please advise – Thanks.

Gary.

jcp-newbie
    Participant

Dusty – Your site looks great.

Setting ‘grid_image_size’  => 0, in home.php removes the pics from the older posts, but I see your site is showing them as a uniform size.   How did you get them to show in a uniform size?

Also,  how did you get the older posts on the home page to show in a single column?  I’m going nuts trying to get my site to look that way.

Thanks!

dusty909
    Participant

Hi Jcp,

I kind of hacked my way through it but I’ll try to remember as best I can.

To change the size of the post images you again use that same grid_image_size that you’ve currently got set to zero in home.php. You can instead set it to the defined size… In my case I used the ‘thumbnail’ size as follows, and applied the appropriate classes to make it left aligned:

‘grid_image_size’  => ‘thumbnail’,
    ‘grid_image_class’  => ‘alignleft post-image’,

To get the posts to show in a single column you edit the CSS in the main css files. Find the selectors for genesis-grid-even and genesis-grid-odd and set them both the same as follows, with a width of 100%:

.genesis-grid-even,
    .genesis-grid-odd {
    float: left;
    margin: 0 0 30px;
    padding: 0;
    width: 100%;
    }

Hope this helps!

jcp-newbie
    Participant

Thank you Dusty!  That worked great and was exactly what I was trying to do.  I appreciate the help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.