Remove (Old) Custom Header

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove (Old) Custom Header

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

mrs_sarahd

In the process of resurrecting my old blog, I switched from the Fabric theme to the Lifestyle Theme. For some reason, I can not seem to get rid of or remove the custom header I designed for the old (Fabric) theme. I know I tweaked the CSS of the Fabric theme, but I have not touched that of the new Lifestyle theme. What am I missing?

Many thanks in advance.

Sarah
    http://www.coffeeandcabernet.com

braddalton
    Participant

Remove it from the media library or images folder. Depends how you added it originally.

This may help http://wpsites.net/web-design/customize-lifestyle-pro-theme-header-image-area/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

mrs_sarahd

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I did go through my media library and couldn’t seem to find the exact image. Is it possible that my header was added in a way that wouldn’t drop the image into the library?

Is there anyway to reset the changes I made to the css — in other words, “start fresh” with the Lifestyle theme?

I can tell that my header area is a different size than the Lifestyle Demo, but I can’t seem to find where the dimensions are listed differently than that of the default Lifestyle size (320 x 110).

Thanks!

Sarah

braddalton
    Participant

Maybe its in your images folder.

You could copy your existing style.css file to your desktop as a backup and upload a new file from a fresh download.

mrs_sarahd

Do I need to upload a fresh Fabric file or a fresh Lifestyle file. If I’ve made no changes to the Lifestyle style.css, will a fresh upload change anything? Sorry for my lack of understanding…

Thanks again!

Sarah

mrs_sarahd

I can’t seem to find my header image anywhere! I hate that I can’t remember what I did. :-/

It was a mapped (or “clickable”) graphic; i.e. the header and menu I uploaded was all one graphic. I just don’t recall doing anything out of the ordinary to add that header.

Thanks again for your patience with my novice skills.

Sarah

braddalton
    Participant

If you haven’t made any changes to any files, simply re-install a new copy of the child theme.

mrs_sarahd

Thank you, but the header is still present. I deleted and reinstalled the Lifestyle Theme. I also deleted the Fabric Theme. No luck.

Before deleting the Fabric Theme, I reactivated it on my blog, went into the header section and selected “restore header back to original” and, still, there was no change.

???

Thanks again for your help!

mrs_sarahd

I’ve searched and searched my cPanel files for the header image and cannot locate it there. I’ve emptied my cache, just in case. I search my entire WP Media library. Where did I make these changes that need to be undone? (Not only does the image need to be removed but the header size is wrong, too.) Totally stumped!

Sarah

mrs_sarahd

Is there anyone else who can shed more light on this?

THANKS!

Sarah

braddalton
    Participant

Is your site live?

If so, i can inspect your header and find out more detail

mrs_sarahd

Yes, my site is http://www.coffeeandcabernet.com. Thank you!

Susan

Do you have the Simple Hooks plugin installed? Did you add your header in there?

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

braddalton
    Participant

Its hosted externally and not included in your CSS so it may have been hooked in using PHP code from your functions file or using a plugin.

You may have added it in the Custom CSS field as well,

mrs_sarahd

Thank you, Brad & Susan.

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but where does that leave me? I deleted the Fabric theme and have scoured the Lifestyle Theme Functions (functions.php) for any signs of my header (the picture name / file name / url / etc). Am I even on the right track? I have also searched heavily my cPanel in almost every images folder I can think of (that would make sense) and can’t find the image. I must be on the wrong path.

Many thanks…again!

Sarah
    http://www.coffeeandcabernet.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Remove (Old) Custom Header’ is closed to new replies.