Remove page title on home page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove page title on home page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mmjaeger 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mmjaeger
    Participant

hello
    Using Genesis 2.0 and I’d like to remove the page-title on the home page using functions.php – is there a hook or filter to do this.

Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

I assume you’re using a static page as your front page in the reading settings? If so, use this code:

mmjaeger
    Participant

Thanks for the input Brad – unfortunately, this doesn’t work – page title still shows up.

Indeed, I’m using a static front page at the moment – what kind of difference does it make as to removing the page title?

Please allow me another question – when using a custom home page in most examples I’ve seen people create half a dozen widget areas – although this is very flexible I personally believe that this is not very user friendly – a user can easily get lost in all those widget areas in the backend – what’s more, there’s no wysiwyg available for the widget areas.

What I was wondering is whether I could a plain page that does not use any template but still offers the wysiwyg area and basically import the content it into the dynamic front page using a short code for instance – this would allow me to still show some latest news after the content and would give the user/client a user-friendly UI to edit the content?

Thanks again.

braddalton
    Participant

Yes that can be done. Not sure why the code didn’t work as i tested it on a static home page with title and it worked.

You could use CSS to remove the title.

Or simply remove it from the page.

mmjaeger
    Participant

this worked to remove the title: remove_action(‘genesis_entry_header’, ‘genesis_do_post_title’);

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Remove page title on home page’ is closed to new replies.