Remove teasers on Focus theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove teasers on Focus theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gomarwrites
    Participant

Hi,

I want to just have featured posts on the homepage of my blog http://www.margogolightly.com and remove the 2 columns of post teasers at the bottom.

I’ve gone to home.php and changed the number of featured posts to ’4′ and made them partial posts by using the “more” tag. Now I want to remove the teasers completely and only have the featured posts on the homepage.

I know there is probably something I can set to remove them in the home.php. Can you tell me what code I need to add to home.php? Or if there is another setting somewhere I’m missing?

Thanks!

Margo

Susan

It sounds like you want to remove the grid loop altogether, and just have your latest posts on your home page? If so, the easiest way to accomplish this is to rename your home.php (something like “oldhome.php”) in your theme folder on your hosting site.

Then, make sure that under Settings > Reading, you set the number of posts you wish to appear on the front page.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

gomarwrites
    Participant

Thanks, Susan. That did it! :)

Susan

You’re welcome. :) I will close this thread as resolved. Go ahead and start another thread if you have any more questions.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Remove teasers on Focus theme’ is closed to new replies.