Remove white space in Manhattan

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove white space in Manhattan

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  squirty 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

squirty
    Participant

How do I remove the white space in the boxed area in manhattan

I tried editing the CSS, which broke the layout, and then had to re-upload the theme  to reset it.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Susan. Reason: edited to remove URL at user's request
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Susan. Reason: edited to remove URL at user's request

Anita
    Participant

It’s in this code – the #FFFFFF

#home-top {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    height: 400px;
    margin: 20px auto;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 20px;
    width: 920px;
    }

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Anita.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Anita.

squirty
    Participant

I know it is. I changed the width to 850 which then broke the site. I want the white space, but I want the padding equal on all sides.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  squirty.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  squirty.

Anita
    Participant

Okay, so your initial entry was “how do I remove the white space.” I provided how to do that. But you are saying now that you want to keep the white space but have the border evenly around the image. The image needs to be the same size as the area. If you change the home-top from 920px to 850px, you will see that the margins are even, however – it centers the slider on the home page. If you change the image size from 850px to 920px then the spacing will equal out.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

squirty
    Participant

Thanks for your help, Anitac.

It seems the reduction on the width worked this time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Remove white space in Manhattan’ is closed to new replies.