Removing background color on specific posts?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Removing background color on specific posts?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Focused.1 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Focused.1
    Participant

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

I am trying to remove the background on specific posts. I have been playing with the css and have not had any success. The posts I am trying to remove the background in are for a testimonial plugin. You can see the white background of the post displayed in the footer 1 area.

Thanks again for any direction.

http://redlineautomotivegroup.com/

braddalton
    Participant

Try adding this at the end of your child themes style.cs file:
    [css]
    #testimonials_widget-2 {
    background: none;
    color: white;
    }
    [/css]

The white background is generated by a testimonials plugin and not your theme.

Focused.1
    Participant

Hi braddalton,

Thank you for the response.

This changes the background color that you see during the transition between testimonials. The white background remains while you can see the testimonial.

Thanks for the effort.

braddalton
    Participant

I tested this locally using Firebug and it worked the problem is the CSS comes from the plugin and not the theme.

Sometimes you can over write it in the child theme, sometimes it won’t work and you need to edit the CSS in the plugin which which isn’t a great solution as its lost when you update the plugin.

The code does change the background when the text is displayed however the plugin over writes it even when using !important.

braddalton
    Participant

Focused.1
    Participant

Thanks Brad,

I am having some issue with java so I cant see your screen cast. I trust what you say is true though. I will continue to work on it and see if I can come up with a solution. I have also been trying to find a different plugin to achieve the desired affect. So far i have not found what I am looking for.

If you have any other thoughts please let me know.

Thanks so much for your time!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.