removing box shadow in sidebar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks removing box shadow in sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

john gronley
    Participant

Hello I think the social media widget is inheriting the box shadow that I put around the featured images on the home page, does anyone know what code I can use to eliminate the drop shadow from around the social media icons? http://bestdesertrealtygroup.com/

Also I am interested in maybe making the featured top portion of this theme (and maybe the entire home page depending on how it will affect visibility of the font) maybe 80% clear and then having the background show through just for the home page. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John

http://bestdesertrealtygroup.com/

Robin
    Participant

Try adding this to your style.css:
    .socialmedia-buttons.smw_left img {
    box-shadow: none;
    }

That seemed to work for me.

As for the opacity question, there are a lot of layers involved in just the featured top section; you’d have to adjust the opacity on each one to make it happen. And with the intense background image you have for the site, I wouldn’t do it, myself. ($.02) But you can go through and try adding opacity rules to each piece of it with firebug or something and see if you want to commit.

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

john gronley
    Participant

Thanks Robin I will try the code; and I agree the pic is too intense but there may be a mellower background in the future, What is the css for clear?

Thanks,

John

john gronley
    Participant

The code worked for the shadows! Thanks@!!!!

Robin
    Participant

To make items translucent, you’ll want to add opacity: .8 to whatever you want to make translucent. (.8 would equal 80%, so do whatever you think works. Here’s the w3schools page on opacity. Good luck!

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.