Removing Site Title w/Lifestyle Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Removing Site Title w/Lifestyle Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vintagemauve 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

vintagemauve

Greetings! I’m attempting to remove the site title text that is over my header image right now, but I can’t seem to make it work. I’ve added the code below in the functions page to see if it would help, but alas…it hasn’t yet.

//* Add support for custom header
    add_theme_support( 'custom-header', array(
        'default-image' => get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/images/bannercorrectsize.jpg',
    	'default-color' => 'ffffff',
    	'header_image'    => '',
    	'header-selector' => '.site-title a',
    	'header-text'     => false,
    	'height'          => 200,
    	'width'           => 1140,

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also, I am in need of changing the padding all throughout the site. Is there a code that will change all the padding to the same amount, or do I need to change it in each individual section? As you can see in the footer, the spacing is such that I cannot click on a Search button. Also, in the sidebar, 300×300 advertisements are getting cut off. Any help on that would be great too!

http://www.vintagemauve.com

anitac
    Participant

Under your my.studiopress.com account, you have access to the snippets. Here is the link to the snippet to remove the site title.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

vintagemauve

Thanks for your response, Anitac. I did try that as well, but it did not seem compatible with the Lifestyle Pro coding.

anitac
    Participant

Did you uncheck the box under Appearance > Header? There is a box to include/exclude the text.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

vintagemauve

The box in Appearence/Header is removed with the code stating ‘false’ in the functions page. When I made it true to allow the diaglog box to unclick it, it won’t save as the unclicked version allowing for no text. Very odd.

anitac
    Participant

Do you have any caching plugins activated?

vintagemauve

Hmm, that is a good question. Where would I go to check that out?

anitac
    Participant

Looking at your code – the header image placed at “.site-title a”. Put your header on just the “.site-title” area. When I try to hide the “.site-title a” with display: none, it remove the image also.

vintagemauve

I tried changing it, and all it did was remove the header image. Willing to bet I did it wrong. Can you send a sample of the code? I’m still trying to get used to this HTML5 change.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.