Rename Portfolio Page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Rename Portfolio Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  photastic 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wyattwerner
    Participant

I’m using the Executive theme and would like the portfolio to be called “Services.”  Can someone help me change the name of the  portfolio page name and slug from site.com/portfolio to site.com/services ?

Thanks!

cdils
    Participant

Hey there,

Find this in your theme’s functions.php:

‘rewrite’ => array( ‘slug’ => ‘portfolio’ )

And change ‘portfolio’ to ‘services’

That should do it!
    :) Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

photastic
    Participant

sorry to enter this older discussion but I have the exact same question but your suggestion isn’t working Carrie…

I had some portfolio items created and now I changed portfolio to partners but I get a 404 when I go to http://www.vdbinstallation.eu/partners

any clues?

Trying to craft webstuff at Photastic Webdesign
    Learning Genesis by solving unanswered topics

cdils
    Participant

The first thing to try is visiting your Settings > Permalinks page from your dashboard. You don’t have to make any changes – just hit the page.

If that doesn’t work… Post a code snippet of how the custom post type is registered. Did you change the post type name or just the slug?

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

photastic
    Participant

hey Carrie, going to the permalinks page actually solved the problem :) I only altered the functions.php like you mentionned and now it works perfectly :)

another new thing learned!

Thanks a bunch!

Trying to craft webstuff at Photastic Webdesign
    Learning Genesis by solving unanswered topics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.